The OCB Project Office advertises, supports, and coordinates the annual OCB summer science workshop. The dates, theme(s), and thematic session chairs are chosen by the OCB-SSC with input from the broader OCB community. In addition to plenary sessions on timely state-of-the-art science, the OCB summer workshop provides a forum for community discussion of new research directions and opportunities. This meeting is always web-broadcasted to engage broader participation, and we field questions from webcast participants via an email address that is closely monitored throughout the workshop. The Project Office posts speakers’ talks and webcast footage on the workshop website as soon as possible during or after the meeting.
2017 OCB Summer Workshop was held June 26-29, 2017 (Woods Hole, MA).
2017 Plenary Sessions:
- Ecological and biogeochemical impacts of natural climate perturbations (organizer: Andrew Barton)
- Stoichiometry and higher trophic levels (organizers: Debbie Steinberg and Mike Roman)
- Our autonomous future (organizers: David Siegel and Jessica Cross)
- Mesoscale and submesoscale physical-biological-biogeochemical interactions (organizers: Dennis McGillicuddy and Andrea Fassbender)
- Carbon fluxes in coastal wetlands (organizers: Chris Osburn, Z. Aleck Wang, Maria Tzortziou, Kevin Kroeger)
Previous Summer Workshops (including presentation slides and videos)