Please check the calendar for specific upcoming funding targets and deadlines. Below is a continually updated list of OCB-relevant federal agency funding opportunities.
Division of Ocean Sciences
- Chemical Oceanography
- Biological Oceanography
- Physical Oceanography
- Marine Geology and Geophysics
- Paleo Perspectives on Climate Change (P2C2)
- Ocean Technology and Interdisciplinary Coordination
- Ocean Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (OCE-PRF)
- November 2016 Dear Colleague Letter regarding NASA EXPORTS
Office of Polar Programs
- Antarctic Organisms and Ecosystems
- Antarctic Integrated System Science
- Antarctic Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences
- Arctic Research Opportunities
Interdisciplinary and Cross-Directorate Opportunities
- Arctic SEES (ArcSEES)
- Coastal SEES
- Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems
- Research Coordination Networks (RCN)
- SEES fellowship program
- PACE Science and Applications Team (NOIs due May 15, 2019, full proposals due July 15, 2019)
- Amendment 67 - A.48, Plankton, Aerosol, Cloud, Ocean Ecosystem (PACE) Mission System Vicarious Calibration. Due 23 May 2019.
- Amendment 66 - Carbon Monitoring System in this program element, A.49 - A.49 Carbon Monitoring System. Due 23 May 2019.
- A.34 Studies with ICESat-2 will solicit proposals to pursue any research topic using ICESat-2 observations and advancing the Earth Science goals articulated in the NASA 2018 Strategic Plan and 2014 Science Mission Directorate Science Plan.
PRIVATE FOUNDATIONS AND FUNDING SOURCES
- Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative (GoMRI)
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
- Schmidt Ocean Institute
- Marine Science and Technology Foundation
- Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health XPrize
- Simons Foundation
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Rockefeller Foundation
- North Pacific Research Board
- Camille & Henry Dreyfus Foundation
- Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation
- The Symbiosis in Aquatic Systems Initiative of the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation is soliciting pre-applications for investigator awards. Investigators will be selected based on their potential to conduct research that illuminates how aquatic symbioses involving microbes function, and how these interactions shape ecology and evolution in marine and freshwater habitats. The deadline for submitting a pre-application is June 3, 2019 at 23:59 PDT. Learn more about this funding opportunity, including FAQs and eligibility information.
- William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- David & Lucile Packard Foundation
- Belmont Forum