OCB Postdoc Exchange!
- Director of the Center for Ocean Leadership at UCAR, Boulder, Colorado. Apply by February 24
- The Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences (DMCS) at Rutgers University is seeking to hire a full time Academic Year, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor with an interest in building a research and teaching program. Application review begins in early/mid February
- NOAA Research's International Activities Office is hiring a full-time Program Analyst at either the ZA-3 (GS-11/12 equivalent) or ZA-4 level (GS-13/14 equivalent). You can apply through USAJobs now through February 2nd. DE Posting: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/701053900MAP Posting: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/701053800
- Supervisory Physical Scientist at PMEL. Apply by January 23
- Marine Biogeochemist Position in Dr. Zhaohui Aleck Wang's lab at the Research Associate II level at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Open until filled
- Research Technician position at the Tzortziou Bio-Optics Laboratory at the Center for Discovery and Innovation, City College of New York, and Lamont Doherty Earth
Observatory at Columbia University. Start date Summer - Fall 2023
- SCOR is seeking a new Executive Director. Apply by February 17
- Ocean Acidification (OA) Lab Manager at Downeast Institute in Beals, Maine. For a complete job description, or to submit your resume and cover letter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences seeks a Research Associate to manage and conduct research in the trace metal biogeochemistry laboratory. Apply by February 17, 2023.
Tenure Track Scientist – Biology, Woods Hole, MA. Open until filled
- Science Communication Officer based at the Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IO PAN) in Sopot, Poland as part of IOCCP and IO PAN's Large-Scale Processes Team of the Department of Marine Chemistry & Biogeochemistry. The position is available initially until May 31, 2024 (15 months), with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and mutually satisfactory employment. The monthly salary will be around PLN 10,000 net, depending on the employee's experience. Other terms of employment (e.g. part-time) can be negotiated on an individual basis. The position is open to EU, EEA and Swiss citizens. The candidate will support the team of scientists in a wide range of duties related to international communication and coordination of elements of the global ocean observation system. The tasks will be performed in close collaboration with many foreign institutions as part of several international projects, e.g. IOCCP, H2020 EuroSea, H2020 ECOTIP, Horizon Europe OceanICU. All tasks are performed in English. We offer very interesting and independent work in a small team and a friendly atmosphere that promotes creativity and personal development of colleagues. Please submit your applications electronically by January 27, 2023. We plan to conduct interviews with selected candidates on February 6-10, 2023. Employment is scheduled to start on March 1, 2023 or earlier. For details on the position and the application process see our website here or the attached full announcement.
- Assistant or Associate Teaching Professor in Marine Biology - School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences and School of Oceanography, Univ. Washington
- The University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography is searching for two new tenure track faculty. This position announcements can be found here. Assistant Professor of Oceanography - (2 positions). Applications will be reviewed beginning February 15, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
The Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences at Louisiana State University has a tenure-track assistant professor in chemical oceanography opening. Initial review of applications starts Feb. 15th 2023
- The Department of Oceanography at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, 9-month faculty position in Deep-Sea Biological Oceanography at the rank of assistant professor. Application review begins February 3
- Research associate in marine organic and isotope geochemistry at University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric, and Earth Science, Miami, Florida. Please contact Dr. Hilary Close (email@example.com) with inquiries or interest. Candidates must have hands-on experience with continuous-flow isotope ratio mass spectrometry instrumentation. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution seeks an electronics support engineer with research or industry background/experience (position could also be considered as a postdoctoral opportunity)
- The Department of Oceanography at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) invites applications for two tenure-track 9-month faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Incoming faculty will be leaders within the new Uehiro Center for the Advancement of Oceanography within the Department of Oceanography (UC•AO; https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/oceanography/uc-ao/). Applications will be reviewed starting Feb 3.
- Research Scientist Engineer: Nutrient chemist at UW-CICOES as a contractor to PMEL to participate on GO-SHIP cruises as well as other research in Alaskan waters. Entry-level position with opportunities for advancement, and will be open until filled
- Gulf of Maine Research Institute is seeking candidates for a full-time, PhD-level Research Scientist/Biological Oceanographer, Zooplankton Ecologist in Portland, Maine to help establish a new research group that investigates climate-zooplankton-upper trophic interactions across spatial and temporal scales in the Gulf of Maine and adjacent Large Marine Ecosystems. Closes January 31
- Professor/Director Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences. Review of applications begins January 3
- Faculty (Open Rank) Physical Oceanography for the School of Ocean Futures https://oceans.asu.edu/ and the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS, http://www.bios.edu/). Residence in Arizona or Bermuda. Review of applications begins January 3
- Assistant Professor of Marine Science in physical oceanography at Coastal Carolina University. Review of applications begins November 30
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Marine Science in marine chemistry at Coastal Carolina University. Open until filled
NASA GSFC Ocean Ecology Lab - Scientific Data Specialist https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a40f480a-47ae-461b-bf11-ceedb843d226&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=451099&lang=en_US&source=EN
- 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Marine Biology for the Department of Life Sciences of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi to begin fall 2023. Apply by January 16
- Faculty Position at Scripps Institution for Oceanography in Trace Gases in the Atmosphere. Open for 90 days from November 3
The NASA Goddard Ocean Ecology Laboratory has an opening for an Ocean Ecology Lab Assistant. This is a contractor position to be filled by Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI). Below is the link to the position advertisement: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a40f480a-47ae-461b-bf11-ceedb843d226&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=450993&lang=en_US&source=EN The position is Requisition ID: 1404.
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science is accepting applications for a cluster hire: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/50713. They anticipate hiring up to 5 Assistant Professors to begin in fall 2023. The list of potential disciplines they are interested in is very broad, so essentially anyone interested in working at VIMS should apply.
Assistant or Associate Research Professor in the Ocean Process Analysis Lab (OPAL) at the University of New Hampshire. Open until filled
- The Ocean Sciences Department at UC Santa Cruz is recruiting two biological oceanographers at Assistant to Associate Professor of Ocean Sciences. July 1, 2023, with the academic year beginning in September 2023. Degree requirements must be met by July 1, 2023, for employment effective July 1, 2023. https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF01397
Research Scientist 2 in Marine Chemistry at Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory through the University of Washington, Seattle, WAhttps://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/Candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=213032 The NOAA UW/PMEL Carbon Group is looking to bring on an observational research scientist. Closing date: Open until filled, but could we use 12/31/2022 as a tentative date
- Research Technician at Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute or a program focused on ocean biogeochemical sensor development and application
- Infrastructure Equity Faculty Cluster Hire - Assistant or Associate o f Earth System Science in Department of Earth System Science at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA). Review of applications starts November 28, closes December 31
- Lab and Field Safety Manager at Woodwell Climate Research Center, Falmouth, Massachusetts. Open until filled
- Research engineer in electrochemistry. Experience in applied studies of ocean or climate system is desirable, mainly because the laboratory has an active interest in pH standards for seawater and has collaborations with academics working in this area
- Research Technician at Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute to assist with the management of data from the biogeochemical profiling floats operated as part of the Global Ocean Biogeochemistry (GO-BGC) and Southern Ocean Carbon and Climate Observations and Modeling (SOCCOM) arrays. Open until filled
- Laboratory Technician III at the Department of Earth Sciences, Dartmouth College to support the Prof. Mukul Sharma and collaborators in conducting experiments to sequester atmospheric CO2.
Open position for a researcher to join us at AOML/NOAA as a University of Miami/CIMAS Assistant Scientist. The principal objective of the position is observing changes in the ocean oxygen cycle through conventional analytical procedures and novel oxygen sensors at climate quality level. The incumbent will oversee cruises under auspices of the Global Ocean Hydrographic Investigations Program (GO-SHIP) and the Ocean Acidification Program. The incumbent is expected to develop and function as an independent scientist in collaboration with established scientists in the lab. Open until filled.
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) is hiring a new C.I. scientist to work on OA data management and product development
- The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of the School of Ocean Science and Engineering (SOSE - https://www.usm.edu/ocean-science-engineering/). Starting as early as Fall 2022. Open until filled
- We would like to let you know that there are interesting job offers from around the world for postdocs, faculty and individual consultants with interest in marine biogeochemistry. The job postings are listed on the IOCCP website
- GEOTRACES Job Opportunities
- Full list of National Sea Grant positions
- Lab Technician, Engineers, Interns, Postdocs and more at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, WA
- Hakai Institute is hiring - Genomics lab specialists, Geospatial scientists, Field technicians, Data management/ science/ visualization experts
- Postdoc opening in Andrew Babbin's lab at MIT on marine snow biogeochemistry and nitrogen cycling. Apply by January 31
- Postdoctoral fellowship, University of Bergen/Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research. Closes February 21
- Postdoctoral Investigator to join the Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry Department in Adam Subhas's lab focusing on ocean alkalinity enhancement (OAE), a promising marine carbon dioxide removal approach. Applications will be reviewed starting February 15
- Postdoctoral research associate, to be affiliated with the cross campus initiative, UMaine MARINE. Application review begins February 6
- The High Meadows Environmental Institute at Princeton University is seeking a Postdoctoral fellow or more senior researcher in the area of ocean biophysical modeling to work with Professors Laure Resplandy and Bess Ward.
- Postdoc position in Oceanography at the Alfred Wegener Institute to investigate vertical exchange processes in the seasonally ice-covered Southern Ocean and perform water mass analysis using physical and biogeochemical ocean tracer data from Argo floats and ship-board observations. Apply online by February 12th, 2023: https://jobs.awi.de/Vacancies/1242/Description/2 .
- Postdoctoral Research Associate position in Remote Sensing of Aquatic Environments with the Tzortziou Bio-Optics Laboratory at the Center for Discovery and Innovation, City College of New York, and Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University. Start date Suumer-Fall 2023
- Postdoctoral scholar to work on development of Monitoring and Verification (MRV) Frameworks for Ocean-based Carbon Dioxide Removal in Canadian Atlantic Waters (Bedford Basin, Canada). Starting data ASAP
- Postdoctoral investigator in environmental metabolomics at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Close date: April 15, 2023, though application review will start February 1, 2023
Postdoctoral position available in Nicolas Cassar's lab at Duke, in collaboration with the lab of Susan Lozier at Georgia Tech. Open until filled
- Postdoc opening in Matt Long's lab at WHOI in biogeochemistry and/or engineering
- 2-yr postdoc fellowship in bio-physical interactions (microbial ecology and/or carbon cycle) at Brown Univ.
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) seeks an energetic and creative Postdoctoral Investigator (PDI) to work on coupled physical-biogeochemical-biological interactions with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, including Drs. Ke Chen in Physical Oceanography, Heather Kim in Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry, and Rubao Ji in Biology. Initial consideration begins January 15 and will continue until filled
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Old Dominion University. Full-time position: to participate in a National Science Foundation Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID) funded project that is focused on understanding controls on eelgrass wasting disease. Consideration will start on December 15 and continue until position is filled
- The Department of Meteorology and Atmospheric Science at The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a postdoctoral scholar in the area of numerical modeling of coastal waters to work with Dr. Raymond Najjar.
- The Department of Marine Sciences at UConn is now welcoming applications for the 2023 Bucklin Scholars Program supporting post-doctoral diversity in marine sciences and oceanography. Apply by Jan. 10
Scripps Institution of Oceanography Postdoctoral Researcher wanted to help lead and coordinate an interdisciplinary research team focused on the topic of Kelp Carbon Cycling and Sequestration Potential. Apply by December 1
- Omics Positions at NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory in Miami. The Northern Gulf Institute at Mississippi State University is hiring three PhD-level scientists based at AOML in Miami, Florida, and hired through MSU in marine omics. These positions are based at NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (AOML) in Miami, Florida. Postdoctoral Associate – Global Plankton Biodiversity Monitoring with Bio-GO-SHIP and MBON. Postdoctoral Associate – The Biological Carbon Pump in the Gulf of Mexico. Research Program Manager – HPC-powered Bioinformatics on NOAA Supercomputers (This one may already be filled.) Open until filled
- Postdoctoral Associate at Northern Gulf Institute, Miami, Florida
- Fully funded Postdoc + PhD opportunities are available for those interested in viruses, environmental microbiology/aquatic ecology, and metagenomics at a Microbial Ecology Lab in Jan '23 as part of a new center integrating ecological and computational biology. For more information, check out this post: https://twitter.com/oceanmicrobes/status/1580584884418281472. Ongoing projects to kick off some ideas: https://sites.google.com/uncc.edu/microbial-ecology-lab/research. To apply: https://sites.google.com/uncc.edu/microbial-ecology-lab/join
- Postdoctoral position to study Southern Ocean trace metal -phytoplankton interaction in the Southern Ocean:The Trace Metal Experimental and Biogeochemistry Group within the Department of EarthSciences, Stellenbosch University, Western Cape, South Africa. Open until filled
- CIMAS Postdoc in Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement
- Post-doctoral position on Southern Ocean climate dynamics. Closes when a suitable candidate is found
- Postdoc opportunity: Southern Ocean Mode and Intermediate water carbon uptake and biogeochemistry. Reviews begin September 1
- Postdoctoral Research Associate position at the University of Georgia Skidaway Institute of Oceanography (SkIO) to work on satellite ocean color research. The newly funded phase of the SOCON Program (Sustained Ocean Color Observation with Nanosatellites) seeks to demonstrate the unique capabilities of seahawk ocean color data to study subpixel variability, submesoscale processes, and the overall advantages of CubeSat technology. The postdoc will work under the supervision of Dr. Sara Rivero-Calle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and collaborate with a team of scientists at UNCW and NASA, among others. Open until filled. Contact Sara to apply.
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist position in machine learning, and atmospheric and climate science at Columbia University
- Postdoc at Jacobs University
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher in Climate-Fisheries Modeling
- Postdoctoral research position available immediately at Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, on trace metal dynamics in the Amundsen Sea. Open until filled
- Columbia University/NASA-GISS, Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Machine Learning of Earth System Model Data
- Terrestrial Carbon Cyle Forecasting Postdoc at Boston University
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist position at LDEO of Columbia University in the Ocean Carbon Group. Open until filled
- 3 RSMAS Postdocs at University of Miami in Marine Fisheries/Ecological Oceanography
- Postdoctoral fellow at University of Cape Town with an interest in marine ecosystem processes and system-based approaches to management, and a good understanding of anthropogenic impacts on marine ecosystems. Apply now
- Proteomics Postdoctoral Scholar: Cross-Kingdom Chemical Signaling in Marine Microorganisms at University of Washington. Starting as soon as chosen applicant is available
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Rhode Island
- PhD/post-doc positions in Israel available for the project: Ocean Fertilization by Dust – Studying how Marine Microorganisms Nutrients from Dust
- Postdoctoral fellow in Molecular Ecology, Genomics or Computational Biology/Bioinformatics to join the Marine Climate Change Unit/Ravasi’s Unit at OIST (https://groups.oist.jp/macc) to work on a long-term project that aims to understand the effects of climate stressors (i.e., ocean acidification and warming) on coral reef fishes.
- Postdoc examining microbial communities, nutrient dynamics, and biogeochemical function in San Francisco Bay estuary at Stanford University (start date ASAP, open until filled)