NEW from OCB2022: Postdoc Exchange!
Seeking a Chief Scientist for US GO-SHIP I05 (32°S) with experience in physical and/or biogeochemical hydrography and in oceanographic expedition organization who would be interested in participating as Chief Scientist on the GO-SHIP (https://usgoship.ucsd.edu, http://www.go-ship.org) decadal re-occupation of the hydrographic section I05 (32°S) in the Indian Ocean from mid-July 2023 through mid-September 2023. Aboard the R/V Revelle, 55 days at sea Fremantle to Cape Town. Preferred candidates will have extensive previous experience with organizing and executing oceanographic field studies, and/or will have been a Chief or Co-Chief Scientist or a Principal Investigator on a previous US GO-SHIP cruise. Deadline for applications: October 31, 2023. Details on the position and how to apply can be found at https://usgoship.ucsd.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/353/GO-SHIP_I05_2023_Chief_Scientist_Opportunity.pdf.
Research Scientist 2 in Marine Chemistry at Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory through the University of Washington, Seattle, WAhttps://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/Candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=213032 The NOAA UW/PMEL Carbon Group is looking to bring on an observational research scientist. Closing date: Open until filled, but could we use 12/31/2022 as a tentative date
- Assistant Professor of Earth System Science (tenure track): Organic Geochemistry. Applicants can apply here: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07894. Initial review will begin Nov. 15
- Research Technician at Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute or a program focused on ocean biogeochemical sensor development and application
- Infrastructure Equity Faculty Cluster Hire - Assistant or Associate o f Earth System Science in Department of Earth System Science at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA). Review of applications starts November 28, closes December 31
- Lab and Field Safety Manager at Woodwell Climate Research Center, Falmouth, Massachusetts. Open until filled
- Research engineer in electrochemistry. Experience in applied studies of ocean or climate system is desirable, mainly because the laboratory has an active interest in pH standards for seawater and has collaborations with academics working in this area
- Research Technician at Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute to assist with the management of data from the biogeochemical profiling floats operated as part of the Global Ocean Biogeochemistry (GO-BGC) and Southern Ocean Carbon and Climate Observations and Modeling (SOCCOM) arrays. Open until filled
- Research Scientist at Dartmouth: Atmospheric CO2 Sequestration. Application review begins on September 15
- Assistant Professor of Marine Sciences at Savannah State University. Apply by September 30 for best consideration
- Laboratory Technician III at the Department of Earth Sciences, Dartmouth College to support the Prof. Mukul Sharma and collaborators in conducting experiments to sequester atmospheric CO2.
- MGG Search for a Program Director in Paleoceanography. Candidates are encouraged to reach out to MGG program managers or other OCE staff with questions about the position. Please also feel to contact the search committee chair, Hedy Edmonds Program Director - Chemical Oceanography Program.
Open position for a researcher to join us at AOML/NOAA as a University of Miami/CIMAS Assistant Scientist. The principal objective of the position is observing changes in the ocean oxygen cycle through conventional analytical procedures and novel oxygen sensors at climate quality level. The incumbent will oversee cruises under auspices of the Global Ocean Hydrographic Investigations Program (GO-SHIP) and the Ocean Acidification Program. The incumbent is expected to develop and function as an independent scientist in collaboration with established scientists in the lab. Open until filled.
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) is hiring a new C.I. scientist to work on OA data management and product development
- Research Scientist, University of Washington, Cooperative Institute for Climate, Ocean and Ecosystem Studies at NOAA's Pacific Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, WA, USA. Open until filled and Program Specialist III, Global Ocean Monitoring and Observing Program, NOAA Climate Program Office
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD, is seeking a recent Ph.D. or M.S. graduate for a new project focused on “Metrology Support for Kelp Farming.” The position is full time with an initial 14 month appointment with a possibility of a permanent position (for US citizens). Start date: ASAP
- Director, Ocean Visions - UN Center for Ocean-Climate Solutions and Innovation
Oceanographer Position with Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission, Portland, OR, open until filled
Ocean Modeling Programmer Position: https://critfc.org/jobs/ocean-modeling-programmer/, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission, Portland, OR, open until filled
- The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of the School of Ocean Science and Engineering (SOSE - https://www.usm.edu/ocean-science-engineering/). Starting as early as Fall 2022. Open until filled
- NASA Earth Science Division in close coordination with the Office of Communications multiple positions: 1) Supervisory Communications and Public Engagement Specialist, two 2) Managing Editor and one Public Engagement Editor, 3) Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist
- National Science Foundation Division of Ocean Sciences (OCE) in the Directorate of Geosciences (GEO) announces a nationwide search for a Program Director (Rotator)
- We would like to let you know that there are interesting job offers from around the world for postdocs, faculty and individual consultants with interest in marine biogeochemistry. The job postings are listed on the IOCCP website
- Two Remote Sensing NASA jobs to lead AERONET
- RSMAS-Research Associate I-CIMAS. Apply online
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Marine Science at Coastal Carolina University, Conway, South Carolina. Open until filled
- Faculty Position in Marine Biogeochemistry at KAUST. Open until filled
- GEOTRACES Job Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Earth System Science (tenure track): Physical Oceanography at UC Irvine
- Assistant/Associate Professor in Quantitative Fisheries Science at University of Florida
- Faculty Positions in Marine Science at the University of Southern Mississippi in marine chemistry, geological oceanography and Uncrewed Maritime Systems (UMS) Certificate Program Coordinator (Asst. Teaching Prof. or Instructor)
- Assistant Professor in Marine Megafauna Ecology at CSUMB
- Open Rank-Lamont Research Professor
- Distinguished Research Scientist at the NOAA Living Marine Resources Cooperative Science Center, University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Reviews begin immediately
- Full list of National Sea Grant positions
- University of Southern Mississippi , 9-month, tenure-track faculty position Coastal and Estuarine Hydrology or Sedimentology at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level to begin in Fall 2022. Open until filled
- Towson University Department of Biological Sciences is higher four new faculty this fall – two in ecology/evolution and two in integrative biology
- Three Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Positions in Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science at Florida State University
- OAA Deputy Assistant Administrator for Programs and Administration
- Research Physical Scientist (Aerosol Remote Sensing) at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center
- New project on modeling ice-age ocean mixing and its effects on global ocean circulation and biogeochemistry funded by NSF - looking for an early-career scientist to work as a post-doc in ocean/climate modeling in Dr Andreas Schmittner's lab
- Ocean & robotics engineers, Scibotics Lab is seeking an electrical engineer, software interns and casual ME and EE technical people with some experience. Longer term appts possible!
- Research Technician Positions in Coastal Ecosystems Ecology and Biogeochemistry
- Assistant Professor position at Univ. New Haven in Environmental Science with background in ecology of coastal systems
- Multiple opportunities with NOAA OAP - upcoming deadline
- SOLAS International Project Officer position at MEL, Xiamen, China! Position will remain open until filled
- Assistant Professor in Quantitative Ecology at Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- UBC cluster hire - five exceptional individuals to join an interdisciplinary team dedicated to solutions-oriented research on the pressing problem of biodiversity loss, its economic and social impacts, and connections to sustainability and adaptive capacity for humanity. Collaborative researchers and emerging leaders from all backgrounds and perspectives who share its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion are encouraged to apply.
- Lab Technician, Engineers, Interns, Postdocs and more at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, WA
- Hakai Institute is hiring - Genomics lab specialists, Geospatial scientists, Field technicians, Data management/ science/ visualization experts
- Assistant Scientist in Oceanography (Physical Oceanography/Biogeochemical System Approaches) at BIOS (Bermuda)
- Postdoctoral position to study Southern Ocean trace metal -phytoplankton interaction in the Southern Ocean:The Trace Metal Experimental and Biogeochemistry Group within the Department of EarthSciences, Stellenbosch University, Western Cape, South Africa. Open until filled
University of Washington/CICOES has an outstanding two-year opportunity for a postdoctoral scholar to conduct research in regional ocean modeling for the Northeast Pacific. Closes Sept. 29, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. To apply, please go to this page.
New 2 year postdoc regional ocean modeling position. Closes September 29
- Post-doc at Utah State University: Quantifying uncertainty in benthic trawling impacts on marine carbon. Review of applications begins September 2022
- Postdoctoral Scholar Position at UC Santa Cruz: Marine Biodiversity in the California Current System. Apply by September 30
- CIMAS Postdoc in Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement
- Postdoc at Dartmouth-Ocean CDR. Application review begins September 15
- Post-doctoral position on Southern Ocean climate dynamics. Closes when a suitable candidate is found
- Postdoc opportunity: Southern Ocean Mode and Intermediate water carbon uptake and biogeochemistry. Reviews begin September 1
- NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships. Deadline November 2, 2022 and October 22, 2023 at 5 pm local time
Two PhD students and a postdoctoral researcher wanted to study the marine biological carbon cycle under future global warming. Further details can be found in the attached PDF or also under the following link: https://www.climate.unibe.ch/about_us/open_positions/index_eng.html Apply by September 20
Postdoctoral Research Associate position at the University of Georgia Skidaway Institute of Oceanography (SkIO) to work on satellite ocean color research. The newly funded phase of the SOCON Program (Sustained Ocean Color Observation with Nanosatellites) seeks to demonstrate the unique capabilities of seahawk ocean color data to study subpixel variability, submesoscale processes, and the overall advantages of CubeSat technology. The postdoc will work under the supervision of Dr. Sara Rivero-Calle (email@example.com) and collaborate with a team of scientists at UNCW and NASA, among others. Open until filled. Contact Sara to apply.
- Post-doc Quantifying uncertainty in benthic trawling impacts on marine carbon at Utah State University. Application review will being in September 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist position in machine learning, and atmospheric and climate science at Columbia University
- Postdoctoral Investigator to join WHOI’s multidisciplinary Ocean Twilight Zone Project to conduct a project at the interface of biodiversity and policy
- Postdoc at Jacobs University
- Postdoctoral Associate at NOAA/AOML in Miami, FL that is contracted through Mississippi State. https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/504506?lApplicationSubSourceID=
- University of Hawaii Postdoctoral Scholar (Plankton Imagery). Areas of focus will include: (1) imaging-based measurement of marine plankton diversity and the relationship to ocean productivity, (2) growth and grazing rates in the epipelagic, and (3) design, implementation, and interpretation of at-sea field experiments. The ideal applicant will have expertise in particle imaging and machine learning. Participates in research expeditions in the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre to conduct field experiments. Collects and analyzes data and samples (e.g.,
chemical and biological). Records results and interprets data. Prepares manuscripts, data reports, presentations, and other formal summaries based on research results/findings. Close Date: As soon as filled
- Postdoctoral Scholar(s) in Satellite Ocean Color Research & Applications at USF Optical Oceanography Lab. These positions will be open until filled.
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher in Climate-Fisheries Modeling
- Two open postdoc positions at Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego. Coupled climate to fish models and Marine toxins in the California pelagic ecosystem. Descriptions and how to apply can be found here: https://cpetrik.scrippsprofiles.ucsd.edu/opportunities/. Review of applications begins immediately and is open until filled
- Postdoctoral research position available immediately at Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, on trace metal dynamics in the Amundsen Sea. Open until filled
- Postdoctoral research associate in the area of ocean biophysical modeling with Professor Laure Resplandy at High Meadows Environmental Institute at Princeton University. Applications will be reviewed as soon as received, until filled
- The Department of Marine Sciences at UConn announces competition for the 2022-2023 Bucklin Scholars Program (post-doctoral/early-career scholar). The Bucklin Scholars Program is aimed at alleviating barriers to participation and promoting opportunities for individuals from groups that have been historically underrepresented in Oceanography and Marine Sciences. For more information, please visit the Bucklin Scholar web page: https://marinesciences.uconn.edu/ann-bucklin-scholars-program/.
- We would like to let you know that there are interesting job offers from around the world for postdocs, faculty and individual consultants with interest in marine biogeochemistry. The job postings are listed on the IOCCP website here.
- Columbia University/NASA-GISS, Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Machine Learning of Earth System Model Data
- Assistant Professor or Postdoc in Wave-current/Hydrodynamic Modeling, observation and data analysis of the coastal zone in China. Open until filled.
- Terrestrial Carbon Cyle Forecasting Postdoc at Boston University
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist position at LDEO of Columbia University in the Ocean Carbon Group. Open until filled
- 3 RSMAS Postdocs at University of Miami in Marine Fisheries/Ecological Oceanography
- Post-Doc opportunity at UCT for 2022: Integrated ecosystem assessment
- Smithsonian Postdoctoral Scholar for Country-Level Coastal Wetland Greenhouse Gas Inventorying
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Blue Carbon science at the National University of Singapore.
- Postdoctoral fellow at University of Cape Town with an interest in marine ecosystem processes and system-based approaches to management, and a good understanding of anthropogenic impacts on marine ecosystems. Apply now
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist in carbon mineralization at LDEO
- Post Doc in Marine Biogeochemistry - biogeochemical mechanisms, processes and possible side effects of marine CDR options at Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde
- Two open postdoc positions using coupled climate to fish models at Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego. Reviews begin immediately
- Proteomics Postdoctoral Scholar: Cross-Kingdom Chemical Signaling in Marine Microorganisms at University of Washington. Starting as soon as chosen applicant is available
- The Microbial Metabolomics Research Center in the School of Oceanography at the University of Washington invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher to study the role of metabolites in marine microbial communities. Open until filled
- Open postdoc position at University of Bern on ocean biogeochemical modelling with focus on overshoot scenarios
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Rhode Island
- PhD/post-doc positions in Israel available for the project: Ocean Fertilization by Dust – Studying how Marine Microorganisms Nutrients from Dust
- Postdoctoral Position in Ocean Modeling at UCLA with J. McWilliams and D. Bianchi’s groups. Open until filled
- Postdoc at USC on marsh responses to sea-level rise
- Postdoctoral fellow in Molecular Ecology, Genomics or Computational Biology/Bioinformatics to join the Marine Climate Change Unit/Ravasi’s Unit at OIST (https://groups.oist.jp/macc) to work on a long-term project that aims to understand the effects of climate stressors (i.e., ocean acidification and warming) on coral reef fishes.
- Two Postdoctoral Investigators to join the WHOI Biology Department to study marine planktonic ecosystems
- Postdoc examining microbial communities, nutrient dynamics, and biogeochemical function in San Francisco Bay estuary at Stanford University (start date ASAP, open until filled)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate: Merging top-down and bottom-up approaches to partition carbon and water fluxes between the atmosphere and biosphere with Dr. Anna Michalak’s lab at CIS in Stanford (location base), Dr. Trevor Keenan’s lab at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL) in Berkeley, and Dr. Joshua Fisher at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena