- Lecturer or Associate Professor at University of East Anglia in Environmental Science and Widening Participation. Areas of subject expertise should include any areas of environmental sciences, physical or human geography, geology, and ecology. Closes January 7, 2024
- Senior Research Associate at University of East Anglia. Closes December 20, 2023
- The Department of Oceanography at Texas A&M University has two open tenure track assistant professor positions: one in Remote Sensing Oceanography, and one in Geological Oceanography. Review of applications begins on December 20.
The Department of Estuarine and Ocean Sciences (DEOS) at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth School for Marine Science and Technology in New Bedford, MA, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Marine Science at the Assistant/Associate Professor level beginning in September 2024. Research areas of particular interest include: Ocean and Climate Observations, Ocean and Climate Large Data Set Analysis and Modelling, Marine / Coastal Biogeochemistry, Oceanographic Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analysis. Reviews begin immediately and will continue until filled
- Director of Belle W. Baruch Institute for Marine and Coastal Sciences and Professor. Review of applications begins November 27.
- Assistant Professor of Oceanography at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Review of applications begins January 15
- Tenure-track or tenure eligible faculty position in the field of Chemical Oceanography in the Department of Ocean Sciences at the Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric and Earth Sciences at the University of Miami. Application review begins December 15
- Assistant Professor of Marine Chemistry at the University of Southern Mississippi. Application review begins January 8
- Asst/Assoc Professor at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA). Apply by Tuesday, Jan 2, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) to ensure full consideration by the committee. Applications will continue to be accepted until Wednesday, Jan 31, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time), but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
- Postdoctoral and Research Scientist Cluster Hire: Inorganic Carbon and Water Modeling of Enhanced Weathering and Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement for seven postdoctoral associates and/or research scientists to participate in the Global Ocean and Land Alkalinization (GOAL-A) Project (DOE Earth Shot Program, collaboration of Yale, Georgia Tech, Princeton, and Texas A&M). To support this interdisciplinary initiative, we are seeking applicants with proficiency in modeling that is relevant to simulating physical and chemical processes that govern the flows of water, energy, and chemicals within and between watersheds, river networks, the atmosphere, and the ocean. For information on applying to specific universities: Yale, Georgia Tech, and Texas A&M positions; and Princeton positions
- CPAESS Program Specialist II role working with NASA’s Ocean Biology and Biogeochemistry (OBB) Program and the UCAR CPAESS U.S. Carbon Cycle Science Project Office
- Assistant Professor, Marine Conservation Ecology (Tenure-Track) at Stony Brook University. Close date: January 5
- The Department of Marine Sciences at UConn 9-month, tenure-track position as an Assistant or Associate Professor in physical oceanography. Application review begins on January 3
MBARI seeks a Research Technician to join the Ocean Biogeochemical Sensing (OBS) Team
- Tenure Track Scientist - Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry at Wood Hole Oceanographic Institution, Deadline: December 31
- The UW School of Oceanography invites applicants for two Assistant Professor positions in Biological Oceanography and in Marine Geology. Review begins December 1.
- Tenure Track Scientist in Biology at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Deadline December 31, 2023
- IOCCP jobs relevant to the BGC community: http://www.ioccp.org/index.php/jobs
Assistant Professor of Marine Chemistry at Department of Marine Science, Coastal Carolina University. Open until position is filled
- Assistant Professor in Nearshore Oceanography (University of Connecticut, Marine Sciences, Avery Point) - with expertise in nearshore oceanography to join our multidisciplinary department as a full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor. Review starting November 20
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute is seeking qualified candidates to establish a new research group that investigates climate-zooplankton-upper trophic interactions across spatial and temporal scales in the Gulf of Maine and adjacent Large Marine Ecosystems. This is a full-time (100% FTE), 9-month salary guaranteed position located in Portland, Maine. Closes December 15.
- The Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences at Louisiana State University has a tenure-track assistant professor in chemical oceanography opening. The initial review of applications starts Nov. 1, 2023. Apply
- [C]Worthy Staff Scientist - Ocean Observing
- The Biology Department at Wheaton College is currently advertising for a Professor of Practice (PoP) with an emphasis on expertise in marine ecology (very broadly defined). We are specifically looking for candidates that can teach courses in introductory biology, 200 level ecology and environmental science, and upper level courses in their area of expertise within the marine sciences.
- Environmental Analyst (Clean Water Program) CW-2023-01at San Francisco Estuary Institute, Richmond, CA. Open until filled
- The Department of Estuarine and Ocean Sciences at SMAST is searching for a Research Professor Principal Environmental Scientist, to provide support and leadership in the Coastal Systems Program. This is a non-tenure track research faculty position, fully funded for two years, and with expected pathway to a tenure track position.
- Planetary Technologies seeks new head of ocean modeling
- Isometric is seeking scientists to join its team, learn more here!
The Institute of Marine and Antarctic Science (IMAS) at the University of Tasmania is hiring a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Biogeochemical Modelling to contribute to the research project “Constraining the additionality problem for Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement (OAE)”. The aim of this project is to enable the quantification of additionality during large-scale OAE simulations by making experimentally-informed improvements to Australia’s Earth System Model, ACCESS-OM3. The position has a strong team focus and will collaborate across an exciting nexus of emerging research into marine carbon dioxide removal based in Hobart. The position is up to 3 years (renewed annually) and total compensation is ~AUD 120,000 per year plus relocation (10k). For detailed information email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, email a CV and 1-page Cover Letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered until Jan. 15th, 2024.
- Postdoctoral research scientist in trace metal biogeochemistry at Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences. Apply by February 1
It is a rare occurrence that we can announce a post-doc opportunity as an EPA federal position. This position will focus on development, enhancement, and operational transition of national models for forecasting freshwater harmful blooms across freshwater lakes, and seagrass habitat change, combined with emerging remote sensing technologies. Closes December 13. Position announcement is here: https://cfpub.epa.gov/ordpd/PostDoc_Position.cfm?pos_id=1655 Instructions and additional details are here: https://cfpub.epa.gov/ordpd/PostDoc_Lab.cfm?Lab=CEMM
- We are seeking talented and creative individuals to join the Ocean Dynamics group at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. There are two 2-year postdoc positions available to work on ocean physical and biogeochemical dynamics and their impact on climate - with a particular focus on the high-latitude oceans - using observations, numerical models, and theory. We are most interested in finding researchers who will bring their own experience and interests into the group and allow for co-design of exciting and impactful research. We encourage anyone with aligning interests to get in touch, irrespective of whether these specific projects speak to them. Application deadline December 18th, 2023; start dates flexible:
Postdoc on changing biogeochemical cyclesPostdoc on dynamics of subpolar gyres
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Apply by January 1, 2024
- Postdoctoral and Research Scientist Cluster Hire: Inorganic Carbon and Water Modeling of Enhanced Weathering and Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement. We intend to hire seven professionals (postdoctoral associates and/or research scientists) to participate in the Global Ocean and Land Alkalinization (GOAL-A) Project. This study, which is funded by the Department of Energy (DOE) Earth Shot Program, is a collaboration among scientists at Yale, Georgia Tech, Princeton, and Texas A&M universities that aims to create a soils-to-oceans modeling framework to evaluate the efficacy, co-benefits, and risks of enhanced mineral weathering (EMW) and ocean alkalinity enhancement (OAE). To support this interdisciplinary initiative, we are seeking applicants with proficiency in modeling that is relevant to simulating physical and chemical processes that govern the flows of water, energy, and chemicals within and between watersheds, river networks, the atmosphere, and the ocean. We are especially interested in candidates with expertise in earth-system and climate modeling, ocean circulation/biogeochemical modeling, river-network modeling, watershed modeling, and reactive transport modeling. Please follow the below links for information on applying to specific universities: For Yale, Georgia Tech, and Texas A&M positions please click here. For Princeton positions please click here.
- The Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II) consortium at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) invites applications for a postdoctoral research position in the field of oceanography, marine science, or a closely related field. Research will be conducted as part of the NASA Ocean Ecology Laboratory. Completed applications received by November 20, 2023 will receive full consideration, however the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
- Postdoctoral position in HAB and Climate Modeling at UC Santa Cruz at Department of Ocean Sciences, University of California at Santa Cruz. Applications received by November 1, 2023 will receive full consideration.
- Postdoctoral position in coastal modeling at La Rochelle University (France). To start January 2024
- NGI - Postdoctoral Associate: The Northern Gulf Institute (NGI) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Postdoctoral Associate to work at NOAA-AOML in Miami, Florida. The function of the postdoc is to use a regional ocean-biogeochemical model for South Florida to characterize patterns in relevant marine ecosystem stressors (ocean acidification, hypoxia, harmful algal blooms, warming, and eutrophication) impacting marine resources and coastal ecosystem services. The postdoc will be part of a multidisciplinary team that aims to investigate multi-stressor impacts under present and future climate change scenarios. Duties include but are not limited to: 1) Configure a regional ocean-biogeochemical model; 2) Conduct numerical model experiments; 3) Analyze and describe simulated patterns; 4) Participate in regular team meetings; 5) Present research results in scientific conferences and workshops; 6) Submit manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals. Details for the online application could be found here: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/506634?lApplicationSubSourceID=
- Postdoc Position in Ocean Modeling for Multi-stressor Research at NGI (based in Miami). The Northern Gulf Institute (NGI) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Postdoctoral Associate to work at NOAA-AOML in Miami, Florida. The function of the postdoc is to use a regional ocean-biogeochemical model for South Florida to characterize patterns in relevant marine ecosystem stressors (ocean acidification, hypoxia, harmful algal blooms, warming, and eutrophication) impacting marine resources and coastal ecosystem services. The postdoc will be part of a multidisciplinary team that aims to investigate multi-stressor impacts under present and future climate change scenarios.
- The Eisaman lab at Yale University is recruiting postdocs in a range of ocean CDR fields, including modeling, protocol, sensor, and experiment development. These positions are listed at https://www.eisamanlab.com/opportunities .
- Postdoc at Princeton/GFDL on benthic / ocean biogeochemical modeling
- Postdoc announcement through Northeastern University working with Dr. Auroop Ganuly (NU) and Dr. Kathy Mills (GMRI) to use advanced data sciences, which could include artificial intelligence and machine learning, to detect, identify drivers, and forecast climate-related changes, tipping points, and regime shifts in the NE US Large Marine Ecosystem. The position will be located in Portland, ME. Open until filled
- Postdoc position (18 months) in trace metal biogeochemistry in Brest, France. If interested, do not hesitate to contact Ewan Pelleter: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Cécile Cathalot: email@example.com and Hélène Planquette: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postdoc at WHOI in Wang lab related to the coastal carbonate system, including the interaction between Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) and coastal ocean acidification, coastal Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement (OAE), and lateral Blue Carbon exports
Postdoc in Kevin Uno's lab at Harvard starting this fall to work on paleoecological reconstructions using organic geochemical techniques. Open until filled
Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Old Dominion University to participate in a National Science Foundation Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID) funded project that focuses on understanding controls on Eelgrass wasting disease. Open until filled
Postdoctoral researcher to join the NSF funded Collaborative Research Investigating Bubble-Mediated Gas Exchange in a Strongly Convective Ocean during the Bubble Exchange in the Labrador Sea (BELS) Experiment at the University of Washington, Seattle. Open until filled
- Postdoctoral Scientist in Particle Cycling at Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole). Open until position is filled
- Postdoctoral scholar to work on development of Monitoring and Verification (MRV) Frameworks for Ocean-based Carbon Dioxide Removal in Canadian Atlantic Waters (Bedford Basin, Canada). Starting data ASAP
- 2-yr postdoc fellowship in bio-physical interactions (microbial ecology and/or carbon cycle) at Brown Univ.
- The Northern Gulf Institute at Mississippi State University is hiring three PhD-level scientists based at AOML in Miami, Florida. Open until filled.
- Postdoctoral Associate at Northern Gulf Institute, Miami, Florida
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist position in machine learning, and atmospheric and climate science at Columbia University
- Postdoc at Jacobs University
- Postdoctoral research position available immediately at Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, on trace metal dynamics in the Amundsen Sea. Open until filled
- Postdoctoral fellow in Molecular Ecology, Genomics or Computational Biology/Bioinformatics to join the Marine Climate Change Unit/Ravasi’s Unit at OIST (https://groups.oist.jp/macc) to work on a long-term project that aims to understand the effects of climate stressors (i.e., ocean acidification and warming) on coral reef fishes.
- Postdoc examining microbial communities, nutrient dynamics, and biogeochemical function in San Francisco Bay estuary at Stanford University (start date ASAP, open until filled)