Apply to attend workshop on Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions: Scoping directions for U.S. research
The workshop will be held October 1-3, 2019 at The Woodlands at Algonkian in Sterling, VA, and will gather U.S. scientists working at the air-sea interface to identify research priorities and facilitate the communication and collaboration required for future significant research advances. Leadership for this workshop will be provided by the Ocean Atmosphere Interaction Committee (OAIC). The workshop will include keynote talks that summarize the current state of knowledge and highlight interesting unknowns and areas for future research in the five core themes of the 2015-2025 SOLAS Science Plan, which will set the stage for participant discussions about current US priorities in ocean-air interaction research within these themes. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Laure Resplandy (Princeton): Core Theme 1: Greenhouse gases and the oceans
- Bill Asher (UW/APL): Core Theme 2: Air-sea interface and fluxes of mass and energy
- Ray Najjar (Penn State): Core Theme 3: Atmospheric deposition and ocean biogeochemistry
- Amanda Frossard (UGA): Core Theme 4: Interconnections between aerosols, clouds, and marine ecosystems
- Eric Saltzman (UCI): Core Theme 5: Ocean biogeochemical control on atmospheric chemistry
To learn more and/or apply to attend, visit the workshop website. Applications will be accepted through July 1.