The Ocean Carbon and Biogeochemistry (OCB) Program is soliciting proposals for OCB activities that will take place or begin during the 2020 calendar year. We seek proposals for OCB-relevant workshops and activities as follows:
- Scoping workshops (~50-70 people) that bring together an appropriate body of expertise to foster discussions and develop forward momentum in a specific OCB-relevant research area (list of previous OCB scoping workshops)
- Working groups (~8-12 members) to address targeted science goals/questions and develop products that benefit the broader OCB community (current OCB working groups on OCB website under Activities > Small Group Activities)
- Synthesis activities to bring together existing data sets, model outputs, etc. to support and inform future research efforts (recent example: Coastal CARbon Synthesis, CCARS)
- Intercomparison activities to assess and build consensus on best practices (methodological, modeling, data analysis, etc.) for advancing OCB-relevant research (recent examples: Intercomparison and Intercalibration of Ocean Metaproteomic Analyses, Ocean Carbonate System Intercomparison Forum)
- Training activities (~30-50 participants plus instructors as needed) to build capacity in different areas of OCB research (recent examples here)
More information and proposal guidelines here.