OCB is pleased to announce the outcomes of the recent OCB proposal solicitation. With 17 proposals, the decision process was especially challenging this year. The proposals were scored based on scientific merit, relevance to OCB, potential benefits to the broader OCB community, and timeliness. The following new OCB activities have been selected for funding in 2018-2019. More information on these activities, including timelines, participation, and dedicated web pages on the OCB website will be announced soon.
- Workshop: Biogeochemical Float Workshop – Stephen C. Riser, Kenneth Johnson
- Working group: Towards a better understanding of fish contribution to carbon flux – Grace Saba, Nicola Beaumont, Pete Davison, John Dunne, Steven Lutz, Angela Martin, Kenneth Rose, Deborah Steinberg, Rod Wilson
- Workshop: Oceanic Methane and Nitrous Oxide: The Present Situation and Future Scenarios – Sam Wilson, Bonnie Chang, Curtis Deutsch, John Kessler, Tina Treude, Dave Valentine, Bess Ward
- Intercomparison and intercalibration: Intercomparison and Intercalibration of Ocean Metaproteomic Analyses – Mak Saito, Matthew McIlvin
- Intercomparison and synthesis: Lateral carbon flux in tidal wetlands: Filling a key knowledge gap through a methods intercomparison and data synthesis – Kevin Kroeger, Maria Tzortziou , Meagan Gonneea, Chris Osburn, Aleck Wang, Neil Ganju, Brian Bergamaschi, Alana Menendez
- New OCB Subcommittee: Ocean-Atmosphere Interaction (US-SOLAS) Subcommittee – Rachel Stanley – Membership TBD via open community nomination process
- Small workshop: Synthesis and intercomparison working group/workshop on ocean carbon uptake in CMIP6 models – John Dunne, Matt Long, Anastasia Romanou, Scott Doney, and Galen McKinley