We would like to thank the OCB community for submitting so many high-quality nominations for the OCB Scientific Steering Committee. Our new SSC members are
- Charlie Stock (NOAA/GFDL) – interactions between climate and marine ecosystems using global early system models
- Dreux Chappell (ODU) – molecular microbial ecology, phytoplankton cultivation/physiology, and trace metal biogeochemistry
- Jaime Palter (URI) – physics-biogeochemistry, ocean C and heat uptake, WBCs, autonomous assets
- Patrick Rafter (UCI) -chemical oceanography, paleoceanography
- Seth Bushinsky (UH) (early career) – chemical oceanography, carbon cycle, oxygen cycle, air-sea gas exchange, autonomous vehicles
We thank outgoing members Jessica Cross (NOAA/PMEL), Bethany Jenkins (URI), Uta Passow (Memorial Univ.), Alyson Santoro (Univ. California, Santa Barbara) and Benjamin Twining (Bigelow) for their dedicated service!